Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Glimpsed

An old couple standing still in the metropolitan rush hour. Aging more than gracefully – unashamed grey and white hair, stylish lines in classic styles. Him: weighing the coins in his hand as he stands in front of a parking meter. Her: reading the instructions over his shoulder, an arm hooked through his. She lifts her head slightly and brushes her lips against the arc of his cheekbone, he turns to her and smiles, pulls her closer. He feeds the meter.

I saw this on my way to the metro after work today, pulling someone else’s vignette into my own preoccupations about what I want. If anything, maybe it’s this. Not pop song love, not poetry love, but quotidian, powerful, wordless shared looks love. And more – I might even believe in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home